Nokia Industrial devices and related applications
Increase worker safety, sustainability and digitalization by improving the communications across your enterprise. You can easily provision Nokia Industrial devices with zero-touch and configure them through a practical device management dashboard. Use them to monitor your network performance in real time and identify areas of poor performance potentially leading to downtime.
Ruggedized industrial devices, related applications and accessories are applicable to all industries. EX-protected versions are particularly suitable for chemical, oil & gas, petrochemical and underground mining.
Why Nokia Industrial devices?
Address all needs to connect machines, sensors and workers over 4.9G or 5G in different markets and frequency bands.
Suit all environments
Designed to meet demanding needs in harsh and hazardous environments, with high IP protection ratings and industrial-grade components. Supports use cases with value adding applications.
Ruggedized and/or EX-protected devices you can count on to add value as part of our one platform for industrial digitalization
Comprehensive feature set
Includes PROFINET communication and other industrial protocols like EtherCAT, OPC-UA and Modbus to enable efficient traffic
Mission critical communication
Nokia Industrial 4G and 5G handhelds with ruggedized accessories support MCPTT use cases in challenging operations.
Device management and digital twin
Our devices have inbuilt capacity for device management and digital twinning so you can easily monitor your network performance
Benefit from applications and devices on one platform for industrial digitalization
Digitalize your business faster and more efficiently with a combination of applications and devices
- Nokia Industrial devices connect your machines, sensors and people, and are already pre-integrated on Nokia Private Wireless networks
- Benefit from pre-tested applications for group communication, device management and network monitoring
- Your network comes with SIM cards for the devices.
Efficient management applications with easy-to-understand dashboards enable instant action
- See alerts about network and device functionalities, and their location
- Remote device management allows you to take action from your operations center
- Zero-touch provision and configuration with built-in remote management capabilities via Nokia Industrial device management.
Monitor network performance in real time and identify areas of poor performance with Nokia Network Digital Twin to avoid downtime.
- Any Android v.11+ and Nokia Industrial IoT device can be set to monitor your network automatically
- From a customizable dashboard you can monitor current and past network history as well as forecast scenarios when you introduce new use cases
- You can define alert thresholds for KPIs and get notified when any threshold is breached, and define ad hoc tests that you want to perform on the device to assist in troubleshooting.
Manual deployment of device settings and updates is laborious
Factory customer case: In a factories and other industrial campuses, devices require new settings and firmware (FW). This is a time-consuming task that is prone to errors as each device is manually connected and configured individually.
Brownfield technology requires industrial connectors
Port customer case: The control traffic (Profinet) and other traffic (video and misc) are separated by different VLANs. Profinet requires L2 communication, while video streams and other traffic utilize IP communication.
By employing Nokia Industrial outdoor fieldrouters, a straddle carrier can be easily and reliably connected to the network support traffic for Profinet, video and other data traffic. An L2 GRE tunnel is created between the outdoor fieldrouter, the on-board straddle carrier and L2 GRE Termination Gateway.
Some applications require particularly high bandwidth and reliability
Factory customer case: Limitations in Wi-Fi reliability and throughput of cellular networks currently restrict the wider use of these wireless technologies in industrial environments.
By creating an overlay network with the help of Nokia MX Boost, you can improve E2E data rates, reliability, latency and mobility by routing traffic via multiple radio access paths (3GPP and / or Wi-Fi). This enables utilization of wireless technologies for extreme mission critical and high bandwidth use cases, where LTE / 5G or Wi-Fi alone are not sufficient.
In environments with dynamically changing topology, network coverage may decline
Port customer case: Our customer was struggling with poor network performance and could not determine where and why the issues were arising.
Nokia Network Digital Twin (Nokia NDT) was deployed for one week, collecting over 100K data points that were used by the Nokia Digital Automation Cloud support team to generate a comprehensive coverage report. The problem areas were quickly identified, and corrective adjustments made to the network. NDT has since become the customer’s “go-to” application to check how their equipment is experiencing the network.
Browse our device types
Your machines will connect over ethernet or USB to the fieldrouter or dongle in which a SIM card is inserted, enabling wireless connectivity. Your workforce is equipped with phones connected to the wireless private and/or public network.
How to buy
- Subscribe or buy as part of the Nokia one platform or stand-alone
- Available in all markets, support all major 3GPP spectrum bands
- Direct from Nokia or your preferred partners (CSP, GSI, SI, VAR, Distributors)
- As-a-Service, CAPEX , OPEX or a mix
Please complete the form below.
The form is loading, please wait...