Accelerate your digital transformation with a proven on-premise edge solution and industrial-grade private wireless connectivity
Nokia Digital Automation Cloud (DAC) is a high-performance, end-to-end private wireless networking and edge computing platform designed to meet the mission-critical needs of asset-intensive industries, governments, cities and webscale businesses.
Offered as a service, Nokia DAC provides various connectivity options with local edge computing capabilities and a catalog of click & deploy applications to support OT use cases. Add to that our portfolio of ruggedized Nokia Industrial user equipment to ensure that whatever your industry or use case, we’ve got you covered.
Agile. Secure. Resilient.
Nokia DAC gives you:
- An easy to deploy industrial-grade private wireless network
- High reliability with proven 4G/LTE, 5G and MulteFire technology
- Wi-Fi as an option for non-business critical use cases
- Simple plug-and-play connectivity for all your assets
- Full control over the creation and management of multi-local networks
- Low latency and strong security
- Wide and deep coverage
- Dependable QoS management
- Easy scalability, up and down
An end-to-end platform that makes private wireless networking and automation easy
Nokia DAC comes with edge computing hardware, radio access points, add-on applications and user equipment. It also comes with spectrum options – unlicensed (MulteFire and Nokia DAC unlicensed), shared (CBRS) or locally licensed spectrum – giving you secure, pervasive indoor and outdoor connectivity. Our DAC Wi-Fi option can support your non-business-critical use cases and existing Wi-Fi devices using license-free spectrum.
Simple, powerful management portal
The platform includes a web-based portal that makes it easy to manage all your sites, anywhere in the world. You can use the portal to deploy applications and push software updates to all or individual locations.[showmore]
Choose Nokia or third-party applications and IoT stacks from our Nokia DAC catalog with click and deploy installation. Protocols such as Profinet and Modbus can be seamlessly taken into use with your new digitalized connectivity thanks to DAC industrial connectors.
Proven wireless technology
Based on proven 4G/LTE and new 5G technology, Nokia DAC is easy to deploy. If you select the 4G version with its rich ecosystem of compliant devices you can later upgrade to 5G via a simple software update and replacement of access points.[showmore]
It also gives you a head start on 5G. By deploying 5G SA, you will benefit from increased capacity and speed, as well as lower latency and energy costs. The two generations are combined in Nokia DAC 5G non-standalone (NSA) and offers you an alternative route to 5G. Either way, we've got you covered.
Combine multiple radios
Powered by patented Nokia Bell Labs innovations and deployed on the Nokia MX Industrial Edge (MXIE) and industrial devices, Nokia MX Boost lets you combine multiple radio technologies and spectrum to provide reliable, high-performance connectivity for your business- and mission-critical industrial applications.
Explore our connectivity solutions
Explore our applications
Find more news & resources
- Welcome to Nokia Oulu factory
- At the Forefront of 5G: Virtual table inspection
- Smart building services - retrofit
- Factory automation with private 5G
- Nokia: “Delivering future innovation through partnership (Nokia and O2)”
- Nokia Group Communications - More than a thousand words
- Keeping people & property safe with Nokia drone networks
- Faster search & rescue with Nokia drone networks
- Boosting situational awareness and safety at HaminaKotka port
- Accelerate digital transformation with Nokia
- Digital transformation, make it happen with Nokia's help
- Break the chains with pervasive wireless connectivity